Thread: Maytag Performa Control panel

Mark7 Guest

Default Maytag Performa Control panel

I have a Maytag Performa glass top stove. A couple of weeks ago, the wife was using the stove top to boil some chicken stock. The display went out and a red light was on in the lower left corner of the display.

The glass burners work fine. Checked the incoming power to the display and stove plug, all okay. I have the stove schematic.

Maytag was bought out by Whirlpool, and only stock parts in Montreal, I'm in Toronto.

I check the display over, nothing seems obviously wrong. Can't move relays, everything is soldered in.

They want $250.00 cdn for this display card. A good used Performa goes for $300.00. I don't have the money for either.

Any ideas?

MeSat_FTA Guest

Since you are willing to look. Check to see if there are any voltage regulators on the board that may have blown. Some of the circuit may use 3V or even 1.5V.

Was the red light normal? Check the circuit board if you don't know what it is.

Check for any mini fuses on the control board. These fuses may look like resistors.

Without seeing the board and knowning what the red light is, I cannot say anything more.

Mark7 Guest

Thanks, I visiually could not see any issues on the board.
    I don't have a schematic for the board, but will try probing, with-out power.
    I think the red light was for a High Temp. signal when the Self Clean is on.

Thanks again, it's susppose to rain this weekend, so this hit the "Honey Doo" list at Number 1, with a bullet.

Mark7 Guest

Update: I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it.
    Wife says "we gotta move, put the control panel back in, so at least it looks good"
    Yes dear, I plug it back it and "Presto" clock's on and power back to the oven. Now, she tells me it's too hot!!!

The only thing I can figure is the Steam did some thing to the control panel, then sitting in the garage, on my bench, for 2 months fixed the rest. Now, I just need to get rid of the house and the wife.