Thread: dsi

dartnut20 Guest

Unhappy dsi

hello all,
    My daughter DSI will not play the games. It turns on and I get the menu and sreen to come on, but that all. I can not scroll left or right or press A to start. the start or select do nothing. Is this thing done for. $200 for something that last a couple of years,

Any advice will be appricated
    Last edited by dartnut20; 07-15-2011 at 12:25 AM. Reason: spelling

mj420 Guest

you could try a factory reset.

1.On the Nintendo DSi Menu, use the stylus to select the Settings ("wrench") icon.
    2.Select the right arrow to reach the forth page, then select "Format System Memory."
    3.Choose this to erase all saved data, and return the system to the state in which it was purchased

dartnut20 Guest

thanks, but the menu will not let me scroll, ( direction buttons) and using the stylist. almost like it is fozen to the start up page.Any other ideas?

mj420 Guest

you could try and remove the back cover and take the batteries out.
    when you put them back in......hold all the buttons down,except the direction pad,and turn it on.

dartnut20 Guest

Smile

MJ, it worked thank you,,, sorry it took long to reply but i was away for a few days.. my little girl is so happy it is fixed, she thinks i`m a hero now,,lol.. i owe it to you

mj420 Guest

glad it worked for you.....but I have to give the credit to my youngest (11=year old).
    I just asked him what he would do if his dsi was all frozen up and he gave me the suggestions.