Thread: my new bike

aquadave Guest

Default my new bike

So I need to get in shape. I went and bought a bike so I could ride and get some exercise. That peddling is tough. so I bought an engine so I don't have to peddle bike 026.jpg

Wilzhear Guest

Quote Originally Posted by aquadave View Post
    So I need to get in shape. I went and bought a bike so I could ride and get some exercise. That peddling is tough. so I bought an engine so I don't have to peddle bike 026.jpg
    ME TOO lol
    been on these bikes for 12 years now lol Good Luck
    1945 murray stock with Gru-Bee 80cc
    forsale or trade
    Last edited by Wilzhear; 07-19-2011 at 06:20 AM.

777aaron Guest

How much does one of these cost to build,how fast can you comfortably go on one,and what is better the 2 cycle or 4 cycle engines?Been thinking about doing one of these to ride to work in the summer now for a few years,I have an old mountain bike laying around that belonged to my brother and I figured it would work well because of it having a rudimentary suspension system built into the front fork.Also,how long did the engine install take?Sorry for all the questions,but I am just very interested and enthused by these awesome little contraptions.

aquadave Guest

The engine kit at goboy and gasbike are around $200 US comes with everything you need. A little mechanical skill is needed, not much. 2stroke looks cooler but 4 stroke is available a little more $$$ not much more. The 66cc pushes me 225lb and my son 250lb around 35mph+ with no problem. I spent about a half day installing. The sprocket has 2 thick pieces of rubber that squish between the spokes. Take your time here and make sure it's as true as you can get. I used and recommend self vulcanizing elec tape on the rear mount and gas tank and loctite on the bolts, they will come loose. It uses a clutch to start, peddle then pop the clutch and you're off. I'm having a blast on mine and everybody that see it wants one in fact I'm build 3 for others right now