Thread: Whirlpool Thin Twin Washer Drum Is Tilted

fta1001 Guest

Default Whirlpool Thin Twin Washer Drum Is Tilted

Whirlpool Thin Twin Stackable Washer/Dryer Washer Drum is tilted. Ran a load with a large towel and it unbalanced load during spin. Now drum is tiled to left side. Any Ideas on how to fix this and/or remove front panel of washer to inspect?

steveOtoo Guest

i am not familiar with the stackable washer/dryer combo's but on Whirlpoool design2000 type washers there is a spring attached between the transmission and the rear frame which will rust and the spring will pop causing the tub to pitch forward causing out of balance and leaking from the fill valve splashing on the tub lid. Pull the washer out from the wall and then tip it towards the wall and take a look. Out of balance can also occur with too small of a load, as in a single towel lumping up on one side of the tub. Always try to use a big enough load to circle the basket. Good Luck
    Last edited by steveOtoo; 08-05-2011 at 10:38 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

I would just jack it up on that side and add a block of wood.............................................. ...................................Sorry.......... .....................................My fault...............
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

steveOtoo Guest

Sounds like someone already hit the "Jack"................

fta1001 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by steveOtoo View Post
    i am not familiar with the stackable washer/dryer combo's but on Whirlpoool design2000 type washers there is a spring attached between the transmission and the rear frame which will rust and the spring will pop causing the tub to pitch forward causing out of balance and leaking from the fill valve splashing on the tub lid. Pull the washer out from the wall and then tip it towards the wall and take a look. Out of balance can also occur with too small of a load, as in a single towel lumping up on one side of the tub. Always try to use a big enough load to circle the basket. Good Luck
    Thanks, any ideas on removing the front panel?, not sure how it is attached. Drum is tilting to left a lot, stuck in that position. If I could remove the front panel, I might be able to see the problem.

steveOtoo Guest

You might be able to look under the washer just by tilting it back as i suggested earlier without removing any panels.

fta1001 Guest

Thanks, I missed that, will try tilting back.