Thread: Modded xbox wont play backups anymore

piperider Guest

Default Modded xbox wont play backups anymore

Ok ive been out of the xbox scene for a while but a freind had a problem with his xbox 360.About 3 months ago his lazer went so i replaced it with a brand new drive modded with his key.Anyway all of a sudden 2 days ago he called me and said his xbox is booting all his backups as a dvd movie but his store bought play fine.He never changed anything and games that worked all along now wont work.Any idea what i should look for thanks

scooby8888 Guest

if he took an update on the xbox he will have to get it flashed again with the newest firmare. its microsofts way of finding and eliminating the modded xboxes. its a simple fix by somebody that knows what they are doing and should cost around free pr $20

piperider Guest

hmm i wonder but regardless i didnt think an update could erase the mod

scrampy55 Guest

WARNING..man DONT FLASH IT if u do you will get banned from xbox live trust me ive flashed my xbox pro payed this dude $100 bucks to do it for me and took me a 1 week then i got banned i was like xxx
    Last edited by anyonomus; 09-09-2011 at 03:12 AM.

drparty333 Guest

thats why you need 2 xboxes..one for back ups and one for on line......

piperider Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drparty333 View Post
    thats why you need 2 xboxes..one for back ups and one for on line......
    I dont use mine on Xbox live neithor does my freind i use my PS3 online only

mrfreeze1 Guest

drive probably going bad you can find one on ebay for about 30.00

mrfreeze1 Guest

Default als they have modded drives

you can google it i am sure they sell modded drives already

Nurrock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrfreeze1 View Post
    you can google it i am sure they sell modded drives already
    Drive can be modded when you buy it but will do no good unless you flash it with your concole key. It will NOT work unless you have your key. Extract with JF or Probe (lite-on) then reflash back stock or LT 1.9/2.0. Paying someone to flash your Xbox, if you would read/dig on how to do it, its so ez and takes less time to flash the xbox then it does to open the xbox it self and that doesnt take long at all. JS. I read 100$ to flash a xbox LOL wow, id be rich!

bigiron Guest

http://www.gruntmods.com/Xbox/?p=8 Try this. It uses a USB stick and external hard drive

desiviper Guest

where do you get a console key? I wanted to mod my xbox, but no proper locations to tell you how to.

destructionj Guest

Quote Originally Posted by desiviper View Post
    where do you get a console key? I wanted to mod my xbox, but no proper locations to tell you how to.
    You get your key off the xbox drive itself, you hook to your computer via sata and use jungle flasher and a ck3 lite and ck3 probe3 to extract the key. you get the key 1 time and save it because it never changes. once you have this key you can spoof any xbox drive to work on that motherboard. You can also add 3rd party firmware.