Thread: Frigedaire gallary dryer has no heat

russ Guest

Default Frigedaire gallary dryer has no heat

I have a frigedaire dryer model # FD6646GES0, serial # XD70794796 motor runs but no heat, I check the high limit its good & I could not find the thermal fuse.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,391x in 494 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by russ View Post
    I have a frigedaire dryer model # FD6646GES0, serial # XD70794796 motor runs but no heat, I check the high limit its good & I could not find the thermal fuse.
    No heat and motor running usually means it is only getting 110/120 volts..check Fuse/breaker and finally do a check at the dryer outlet with a volt meter to see if u have 220/240 at that point.

russ Guest

dryer is 110 v & its a gas not electric

steveOtoo Guest

Most likely the Glo-bar which ignites the gas is bad. The procedure would be to start the dryer and see if the glo-bar turns orange or bright yellow, if the glo-bar comes on but still have no ignition then the glo-bar sensor is either bad or needs to be adjusted closer to the glo-bar to sense the output of the glo-bar which is the switch that will turn on the gas valve. If the glo-bar does not come on then remove and inspect. Be very careful because the glo-bar is easily broken. You can usually see if the glo-bar is bad if you notice an open spot or a chalky spot. There are also coils on the valve that can either become weak or bad. Usually there is an inspection panel on the front of the dryer below the door. Remember to be safe and unplug if handling live parts.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,391x in 494 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by russ View Post
    dryer is 110 v & its a gas not electric
    Maybe u are outta gas??

steveOtoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by anyonomus View Post
    Maybe u are outta gas??
    Damn now i know why my car won't start..........