Thread: psp or Xbox?

theprinceofsorts Guest

Default psp or Xbox?

I am hesitating between the 2 of them. The psp has kind of better reports and is a bit cheaper. Do you think it is the right choice?
    Should I get it with the "move" or not? it costs $50, not a lot. I just wonder if it will be used. The box is meant for two grown-ups, not for kids.
    Thanks for any idea.

Kermit Guest

PSP is suppose to be coming out with a new better model sometime soon. I would wait. I find with the PSP there are not to many good games released. Maybe 1 or 2 every 2-3 months. XBOX isn't that much more money. You can get it modded and play all the games for free. It is up to you really. I myself like the psp for when I am out and traveling back and forth to work. The XBOX has a lot more better games

theprinceofsorts Guest

thanks. I thought it was easy to mod the psp, more gig on the hard drive, etc... whereas microsoft uses proprietary software and regularly has updates to block all the mod ones... The $50 more for the Xbox don't really matter. What I would enjoy is downloading movies from tv, and play rpg. Sports games are for the 2d person interested.
    Where can I get info about how to mod an Xbox?
    I think it would make a nice christmas present, and I hope they will release the better version before.

Kermit Guest

PSP can be modded very easily. Just have to add a file via usb and run it. As for the xbox you have to open up the unit take out the dvd drive connect it to your computer and flash the dvd drive to custom firmware. XBOX is a little complicated unless you know what your doing I would see if you can find someone in around where you live that does it. It should cost anymore then 30-40 bucks.

You can google a website called xbox scene for info about modding it
    As for psp try googling a site call psp hacks

Good luck

josh3794 Guest

Ttheprinceofsorts. You can play AVI's on the xbox using a usb stick. No modding required. I download tv shows and other items that I can't get here to watch. Modding the xbox is fine unless you want to use it on xbox live. It might work for a while but they get ban happy on there often enough to make you re-think modding the box.

brown2 Guest

good point

Aaron2 Guest

well both are good but PSP is also a great gadget for game playing my favorite reason so that's why i like it.
    • You can install games on PSP in two ways.
    • First and recommended way is to buy original UMDs and insert into your PSP and enjoy your game on PSP.
    • The other way is to hack PSP by installing custom firmware on PSP, download games from the internet, put them into
    your PSP memory stick and then play games on PSP. The downloaded PSP games are in ISO/CSO format.

angelrph1 Guest

xbox is better than a psp but ps3 is better than xbox

douglaswalkers Guest

PSP and Xbox both are best gaming console. PSP can be moved easily but I will go with Xbox. It has more features than PSP. Xbox provide better graphics, better gameplay, so many and effective controller.