Thread: IMAC AND MACBOOK .ts files

ruthie Guest

Default IMAC AND MACBOOK .ts files

Just moved to an imac etc running parrallel with windowsxp,..had no problem before playing ts files using gom player on windows machines....have all these movies saved and cant play them on new macs....tried VLC to play them, no go...tried ffmpeg and will play them but has no audio...tried converting audio and have no idea what the heck i'm converting them too or anything..any ideas?? would be helpul would like to be able to play them right off the macs without going into parralels. Just have parralels for some programs i wanted to save off the old coms. Also have a new macbook, both running LION ...new mid 2011 models....kids like watching movies off them instead of the converted nano2 and memory stick...any info would be great.

Pollypurabred Guest

I been looking at purchasing a new laptop and was thinking of a Mac myself so I have being doing a little research for myself and found the webpage listed below. Pay particular attention to #3. Let us know how you make out as you will be doing some of my research...
    Code:
    http://www.applemacvideo.com/howtoconvert/ts-converter-for-mac.html

ruthie Guest

Giving it a trie now thanks alot...seems like a great program...easy to trim movie and can convert movie into tonnes of different formats easily labeled as imovie or ipod etc, instead of actual formats like mpeg2 or mpeg4 or whatever each device takes..will let you know how it comes out and such..

ruthie Guest

K been playing with program and checking out others...good program just not sure about paying the 40 bucks yet..found another program called visual hub and works good too but doesn't allow you to trim files or crop them...theres a few on the apps store for mac as well but only problem with tht is they don't allow you a trial period, at least i havent found one. Burnt alot of dvd trying different formats...trying to find a program like the one i had before..any dvd and clone dvd..GREAT program and burns dvd's in a universal format that plays on anything. Cant find a program that will convert files to that format...not the most computer savvy person but love the mac so far. Bought our macbook first then decided to get an i-mac since we haven't upgraded our computers for years...accent plural on years. Big learning curve on the mac from pc but once you get used to it theres no turning back...no anti virus..no uninstall programs just drag to trash..no disk clean up and defragmenting needed etc..in short/long i guess still playing with conversion programs to see if i can convert them so they'll play on our blue ray player and portable dvd player etc..if you have any ideas wood appreciate it on how to convert them...have no idea of the programs on this mac yet like idvd and imovie etc..Thanks