Thread: Ubuntu 11.10

donaldelee Guest

Default Ubuntu 11.10

Has anybody tried the new release? Ubuntu 11.10.

Thanks!

MeSat_FTA Guest

My father tried it and thought it was a pain. Change from Gnome to Unity was enough to make him try Fedora.

BobTar Guest

Well that is "BETA " version it's running fine , but... is still lotta things missing ....

donaldelee Guest

After installing Ubuntu 11.10 on 2 of my computers, 1, with the Windows XP, dual boot, and the other only Ubuntu 11.10, as always, I love Ubuntu. It does seem to be a little more stable than the Ubuntu 11.04. Specifically, the bookmark seems to scroll more stable. However, I have not been able to delete any of the links in the bookmarks. Possibly, a bug that will be fixed! For some reason the Ubuntu 11.04 had an annoying message after booting, 'Network Discovery Service Disabled'. At the same time the printer quit working in the Ubuntu 11.04. Now, after using the 11.10, the annoying message after booting, 'Network Discovery Service Disabled' has stopped appearing. However, I am still not able to get the printer [HP inkjet all in one] that is connected via WiFi to work. It worked for the longest time, in 11.04, and then stopped? ? ? Oh, well, I can always dual boot over to Windows, and the WiFi works fine. I love Ubuntu!