Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sure Cure to De-Smell ........

The Cobra Guest

Default Sure Cure to De-Smell ........

I came across something to share with our members----tried it myself and it works like a charm, it lasts and it`s cheapola. I`m working on a reno house that had a lot of water damage in the past...the reno is mostly done but the musty smell and the smoke smell (smokers) lingered in the house. I got a tip on forgetting the over the counter masking agents that`ll cost you a fortune every month. Go get a bag of barbecue charcoal, a set of knee high nylons and stuff the charcoal in the stockings. Hang the tube of charcoal in a couple places in the basement and thru the house in non visual areas and in a few days you`ll notice the difference big time. Nice thing is that they work efficiently for about 5 YEARS. I smoke in my truck so I made a small one for under my seat----bingo no smoke smell anymore. If it works on the house I just finished---it`ll work on any house. Cats, dogs, cooking smells are eliminated cheap and efficient......and it only cost me about $10/5 years to make about 5, 3' long tubes that will easily cover a whole house. Try it...it works.

slugworth Guest

and you can cook with it after the 5 years are up

Night_Predator Guest

Hey Cobra I did the same thing for a freezer I had in the garage. We went away for a week and before we left I accidentally hit a wall switch that controlled the receptacle the freezer was plugged into. It was summer time and needless to say when we came back the mess was bad. And the smell made us throw up. After we cleaned it up we couldn’t get rid of the smell. I tried everything and still the smell was sickening. Everyone told me I would have to throw out the freezer. Then someone told me to put a bag of charcoal in it and close the door for a few days. Since the freezer was new and I didn’t want to buy another one I tried it. And it worked. The charcoal sucked the smell right in to it. Then I left charcoal around the garage in bowls and took care of the smell in there. I wish I thought of nylons. So it works for a lot of things and smells.

The Cobra Guest

Yeah........dried granules of coffee in a little bowl in the car for a few days will also get rid of a lot of the smell of smoking in your car.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 86,057x in 13,397 Posts
    Items Some beer
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 03:22 PM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 04:59 AM from hope32

Good tips. I coped and pasted in an e-mail and sent to people on my list. Thanks.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,706x in 3,254 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

I just shoot a skunk out back and no one notices the smell in the house............................................. ..............Sorry............................... .....My fault...
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

The Cobra Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Terryl View Post
    I just shoot a skunk out back and no one notices the smell in the house............................................. ..............Sorry............................... .....My fault...
    Blowing away a raccoon in the crawl space with a 12 gauge can get pretty ripe after a few days if you don`t get all the chunks LOL

skysurfer Guest

Thats a tip that seems worth trying

snake Guest

exellent tip and thank you ..

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,189x in 646 Posts

Great advice bud,I'll be trying it out today at the mother in laws

Special thanks to TPB for the sig

<")))>< ><((((º> ¸ <")))><.·´¯><((((º>`·..·´¯><((((º>`·.´¯><((((º>`·. ´¯><((((º>`·´¯><((((º> <")))><

The Cobra Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mclovin View Post
    Great advice bud,I'll be trying it out today at the mother in laws

Which one Mac?????...........the charcoal or the 12 gauge??

Cooter-Brown Guest

Yes that does work and great post .If I may add to this "Negative Ion Generator" works for a very long time with 120 volts applied.You can buy them for around 6 Bucks..
    Code:
    http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/products.asp?dept=1221

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 82x in 30 Posts

The charcoal is a great tip. Another thing I've used to get rid of odors is white vinegar. Place it in open bowls and the evaporating vinegar binds with the odor. Letting a bowl steam in the mircowave clears food odors there. And a pot with some slow boiling white vinegar quickly clears any odor of things burned in the kitchen. White vinegar added to the wash will do away with musty smells in clothing too.
    Please post support questions in the forum, not by PM. Thanks...

The Cobra Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stman View Post
    The charcoal is a great tip. Another thing I've used to get rid of odors is white vinegar. Place it in open bowls and the evaporating vinegar binds with the odor. Letting a bowl steam in the mircowave clears food odors there. And a pot with some slow boiling white vinegar quickly clears any odor of things burned in the kitchen. White vinegar added to the wash will do away with musty smells in clothing too.

thanx for the tip re micro wave I`m going to try it cause my kid is on this African food kick and it freakin` stinks. I think it`s made with a lot of curry and I hate the smell of that stuff.
    Also another use for vinegar is to slice a couple cooking onions put them in a pan with vinegar and water and place the pan wherever to eliminate the smell of paint. It works perfect.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,000x in 1,596 Posts
    Items Some beer
Gift received at 07-14-2013, 03:14 AM from nobody

Have one on me ........A Beer
Gift received at 03-27-2013, 03:21 PM from thebeav
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 10:25 AM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 09-29-2012, 11:31 PM from clarkBENTDevil

What about the old clothespin on the nose trick.. Been doing that for 20 years.. Never smell a thing..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast