Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CBC Television Winnipeg (CBWT-TV)

sovelled Guest

Dec. 7 @ 8:57 a.m.--There's a worker high up on the tower right now. Hopefully just minor adjustments--I hope to get CBC digital today!

sovelled Guest

Dec.7 @ 9:49 a.m.--What the heck! For this first time in my observations, I am seeing them lift a pretty big structure up the tower. This thing looks like a long lattice tower section itself. I thought since there was almost no activity yesterday that we were good to go--especially with the Dec. 7 announcement. That's a pretty big piece of hardware to be installing today, on the day we are (hopefully) supposed to go live!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 146x in 56 Posts
    Items PinkfloydACDCCash
Gift received at 06-28-2012, 10:18 PM from clarkBENT

Update,

IMPORTANT NOTICE – UPDATED DECEMBER 7, 2011
    Due to high winds in the Winnipeg area, installation work on the transmission tower has not proceeded as planned. The launch of the new DTV signals has therefore been delayed from December 7 until further notice. Please check back again for regular updates.
    Once the work completed, CBC will broadcast on digital channel 27, Radio-Canada will broadcast on digital channel 51. You will need to re-scan for channels to find these new digital signals on your converter box or television.

Analogue transmission will continue in conjunction with the new digital signals for a total of 5 days to ease the transition for viewers.

The transition to digital transmission in Winnipeg has been delayed because of circumstances outside of the CBC/Radio-Canada’s control. The tower on the roof of the Richardson Building had to be reinforced before the antennas could be installed. Unfortunately, the necessary materials were not available as expected. CBC/Radio-Canada thanks viewers for their patience and understanding during the delay.

sovelled Guest

Not surprised that they are delaying. At 12:50 pm there are at least 4 workers installing big tower add-ons. This is the most activity and worker-power I have seen to date.

sovelled Guest

Update--according to CBC Manitoba site:

CBC and Radio-Canada’s new DTV transmitters in Winnipeg will begin broadcasting during the morning of December 9, 2011.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 146x in 56 Posts
    Items PinkfloydACDCCash
Gift received at 06-28-2012, 10:18 PM from clarkBENT

It's aliiiiiiive LOL.
    Yup just scanned in and it is active now. Scanned at 551000 khz.
    Now 6 Locals woohoooo
    Last edited by United; 12-08-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Swiper the Fox Guest

just saw MTS with SRC HD so, did a scan and voila !!
    CBC is alive !!

all channels 1080i except cbc/cbc-french which are 720p
    all mpeg2
    Last edited by Swiper the Fox; 12-09-2011 at 06:07 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12