Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBC Television Winnipeg (CBWT-TV)

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 146x in 56 Posts
    Items PinkfloydACDCCash
Gift received at 06-28-2012, 10:18 PM from clarkBENT

Thumbs up CBC Television Winnipeg (CBWT-TV)

CBC Television Winnipeg (CBWT-TV).

Transition to Digital Television
    Transition to digital television for CBC and Radio-Canada in Winnipeg has been delayed until November 30.

Hopefully we will be able to get CBC OTA after this date............Fingers crossed.

Swiper the Fox Guest

OTA CBC Winnipeg is a joke ( or more like Over-the-AIRFARCE )
    laughing stock of canada
    but, will be nice when it's on and in action
    )

kijiji Guest

cbc windsor is great 4 hockey night in canada !!!

Swiper the Fox Guest

the 30th is almost here
    what you figure will be their next excuse
    too cold to lay the framework, or too windy for construction crews too work on top of big building....
    sure they're in discussions/meetings right now contemplating how they are going to get the digital move extended some more.....

Swiper the Fox Guest

So, anyone have digital OTA signal in Winnipeg for CBC ?
    (i'm not at home to check )

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 146x in 56 Posts
    Items PinkfloydACDCCash

Not yet...................11 hours to go LOL.

sovelled Guest

I work in downtown Winnipeg with a view of the top of the Richardson building. I have seen workers on the biggest tower, which I assume is the CBC tower. They have been up there for a few hours at a time on about 4 or 5 different days for the past week. I see them up there right now. I have been looking to notice new hardware but can't make any out.
    You would think that we would get some kind of status update from the CBC--but they have been quite silent on their website (they used to have a blurb about postponement dates--now nothing.) Calls to their info desk don't provide any meaningful status update. I have informed the CRTC of my disappointment in the commuication of CBC Winnipeg's digital transition. CRTC forwarded my concerns to CBC and asked them to respond within 20 calendar days.

That's my bit of update for y'all.

sovelled Guest

At 11:00 a.m., I see two workers high up on the Richardson building tower. I presume they are working on the CBC Winnipeg digital transmitter.

Swiper the Fox Guest

Over the AIR - FARCE on Winnipeg CBC still has nothing going on
    no signals shooting to my antenna yet

sovelled Guest

Friday, Dec. 2 @ 9:55 a.m.--workers are climbing back up the Richardson Building tower.

sovelled Guest

Monday, Dec. 5 @ 10:00 a.m.--workers back on the Richardson tower. They were on the tower Friday until 3 pm. It appears to be that there are some small but new pieces of hardware on the tower that I didn't notice on Friday, so I presume some work was done on the weekend? I am surprised that they are up there in such cold.

sovelled Guest

CBC Manitoba website now indicates transition will happen on Dec. 7. Here's the link:

Code:
    http://www.cbc.radio-canada.ca/dtv/Winnipeg_CBC.shtml
    Last edited by StanW; 12-07-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: live link

Swiper the Fox Guest

UPDATE on CBC Website:

IMPORTANT NOTICE – UPDATED DECEMBER 5, 2011
    CBC and Radio-Canada’s new DTV transmitters in Winnipeg will begin broadcasting on December 7, 2011.

CBC will broadcast on digital channel 27.

Radio-Canada will broadcast on digital channel 51.

Remember to re-scan for channels to find these new digital signals on your converter box or television.

Analogue transmission will continue in conjunction with the new digital signals for a total of 5 days—until December 12, 2011—to ease the transition for viewers.

The transition to digital transmission in Winnipeg was delayed because of circumstances outside of the CBC/Radio-Canada’s control. The tower on the roof of the Richardson Building had to be reinforced before the antennas could be installed. Unfortunately, the necessary materials were not available as expected. CBC/Radio-Canada thanks viewers for their patience and understanding during the delay.

Swiper the Fox Guest

anyone using SV8000 for their OTA needs........pls let me know what freq to scan to make the process faster
    if i find it, i'll post it here
    i am NOTseeing signal yet on CBC (27) as of 12:15am Dec.7th (through tuner on tv)

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 146x in 56 Posts
    Items PinkfloydACDCCash

I'm using SV8000 and VS9000. Scan not coming in yet. I think it should scan at around 548000 on UHF.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast