Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some HDTV's locking up

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

hello
    we just got a sceptre 40" HDTV a month or so back
    ever since I got that tv, I can no longer get 25.1 or 25.2 on any
    of our tv's---like it's somehow locked out. We only have one HDTV and the others
    are like 32' and 19" regualr tv's
    I tried unplugging the antenna and also the tv power last nite---it didn't affect
    it one iota! I sure miss all my This tv movies. Can anyone help? Here, this is
    May 2013---two yrs. after this post but still relevant! Help Annie

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

I don't understand how you "reset the guide" and what did you mean about TV rebooting on its own?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

​how do you reset the guide

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

[SIZE=3]I am in cassopolis, MI area--way far away from out west, and the channel isn't locking me out---we are being locked
    out from getting those two channels. I have about given up on 25.1 and 25.2. I don't have cable--we just have an inside
    antenna, we always got 25.1 and 2 until we got our HDTV---now we don't get those two channels on any tv in our home!
    Unreal!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

My guess would be that the tuner in your new TV does not work as well as the ones that you had in the past and the signal from your antenna is too weak for the TV. Not knowing your TV, no way to know how the menu system works, so no way to tell you how you might "reset the guide", but I'm guessing that what you need to do is re-scan and your owner's manual will tell you how to do that.

Now, your comment that "now we don't get those two channels on any tv in our home!" suggests to me that you share a single antenna through your home, you might try hooking up just your new TV to the antenna for your re-scan and inspecting how the antenna is distributed to see if something has come loose, or hooked up wrong from what you had in the past.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12