Thread: We Bought a Pop UP Camper!

Bigpineguy Retired Guest

Default We Bought a Pop UP Camper!

We found a little pop up camper for a great price.... it's a 1996 Dutchman ...in super condition With A/C unit on Roof for only $800 , It was dark when we got it home , so I haven't been able to take my own pictures yet, but this is exactly what it looks like : ( I googled the camper , and this one is dead on, colors and all )

inside 1.jpgpopup outside.jpginside2.jpg

The one in this photo doesn't have the A/C , but ours does...

BPG~

Night_Predator Guest

Hey BPG I had one for years until I went with a Class C with a 350 engine. You’re going to love it. Easy to tow even with a 6 cylinder, and set up is a breeze. Mine had a toilet and shower but we rarely used it since we went to places with faculties. Great buy at 800. Good luck with it.

Highwayman Guest

Maybe i could talk you into renting it to my mother-in law i`ll pay you
    800 hamburgers a month!

Bigpineguy Retired Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Predator View Post
    Hey BPG I had one for years until I went with a Class C with a 350 engine. You’re going to love it. Easy to tow even with a 6 cylinder, and set up is a breeze. Mine had a toilet and shower but we rarely used it since we went to places with faculties. Great buy at 800. Good luck with it.
    Seen pictures of ones with the toilet and shower.....those were nice also, but We plan on staying at places with those facilities also....Our first camper, great buy at a great price....Guy just wanted Christmas Money....We made out sweet....We'll keep it for a couple of years, update anything that is needed and sell it and upgrade to something bigger.....Just like all R/V'ers that I have read about ....

BPG~

Bigpineguy Retired Guest

Been looking into adding the heat strip on the A/C since this camper doesn't have a furnace , cost of the strip is about $95 plus it will need the new controls ($65),

Upside from what I have read:
    it's up out of the way from children and pets
    Heater is hidden and not taking up space
    doesn't use any propane as it runs on electric
    Downside from what I have read:
    it's only the same output as a 1500 watt space heater
    if it's really cold or pop up has a lot of energy loss , a second heater may still be needed

It's a non ducted unit, and it's just a pop up camper, has anyone else used only the heat strip ? and if so, how well did it work for you and how cold was it when you used it ? thanks for any input....

BPG~

swanone Guest

on average about 10 to 15 degress over outside temps. now keep in mind you have no insulation on the canvas side and windows and alot of leakage will happen.

immersion Guest

Looks nice, good deal! I have seen these go for 1000-1200 in canada

ITS ME! Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpineguy View Post
    Been looking into adding the heat strip on the A/C since this camper doesn't have a furnace , cost of the strip is about $95 plus it will need the new controls ($65),

Upside from what I have read:
    it's up out of the way from children and pets
    Heater is hidden and not taking up space
    doesn't use any propane as it runs on electric
    Downside from what I have read:
    it's only the same output as a 1500 watt space heater
    if it's really cold or pop up has a lot of energy loss , a second heater may still be needed

It's a non ducted unit, and it's just a pop up camper, has anyone else used only the heat strip ? and if so, how well did it work for you and how cold was it when you used it ? thanks for any input....

BPG~
    Just get one of them portable electric heaters its a lot cheaper and it will throw a lot more heat than that strip heater that goes in the AC unit BPG, I was an RV tech for about 8 years and them heat add ons for AC dont throw much heat.