Thread: Iphone 3g jailbreak

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,462x in 1,065 Posts

Default Iphone 3g jailbreak

Has anyone heard of a way to jailbreak a 3g with os 5.01 baseband 4.11.08 ? Managed to get it semi jailbroken with redsnow but can't get it to see the networks .

Thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,420x in 1,236 Posts
    Items Guitar2CanadaImmunity to Theft
Gift received at 01-31-2011, 10:43 PM from

3G.. .err not that i can tell.
    best way is to go from your iphone to jailbreakme.com and it will tell you if you can or not for that current device.
    they just cracked the OS5 but i dunno about 3G
    http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php...455#post618455
    HIT THE *THANKS* IF YOU"RE THANKFUL
    I'M CURRENTLY TESTING BUT NOT RECEIVING - IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO RECEIVE

SEARCH TOOL SITE RULES WHO's WHO?

saulin Guest

How did you get IOS 5.0.1 on a 3G? with Whited00r?

If not I believe Whited00r will give you the IOS 5 look and feel with untethered JB on a 3G

Otherwise the latest supported IOS on a 3G is 4.2.1 and it can easily be jailbroken with jailbreakme.com

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

My bad - it's an iphone 4 with 5.01 - the killer is 4.11.08 . I just came across instructions how to downgrade to 4.10.01 which can be jail broken Seeing that it's not my phone I'm not sure that it's something that I want to attempt . ... doing some more reading .

NOKIA™ Guest

when my son comes home i'll ask him how he did the JB on his iphone 4 with os5

though am an Android expert

saulin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by StanW View Post
    My bad - it's an iphone 4 with 5.01 - the killer is 4.11.08 . I just came across instructions how to downgrade to 4.10.01 which can be jail broken Seeing that it's not my phone I'm not sure that it's something that I want to attempt . ... doing some more reading .
    Impossible to downgrade the baseband now since Apple does not sign IOS 5.0 anymore. You can use the latest redsn0w or Snowbreeze to jailbreak 5.0.1

I just did 2 Iphone 4 on 5.0.1 with Redsn0w 2 days ago and the jailbreak is untethered. Why do you want to downgrade the baseband? That's only needed to be able to use a Gevey Sim if you don't use the carrier that the phone is locked to.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    Impossible to downgrade the baseband now since Apple does not sign IOS 5.0 anymore. You can use the latest redsn0w or Snowbreeze to jailbreak 5.0.1

I just did 2 Iphone 4 on 5.0.1 with Redsn0w 2 days ago and the jailbreak is untethered. Why do you want to downgrade the baseband? That's only needed to be able to use a Gevey Sim if you don't use the carrier that the phone is locked to.
    Just read that you con only downgrade if on os 4.x . Can't do a complete jailbreak with build 4.11.08 - I have been trying to do it with the latest version of redsnow (9.10.b3) - always comes up with no service . The phone in question is to be used with a different carrier .

Hope that they're working on it - judging by the amount of whining on the web a lot of ppl are in the same boat .

saulin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by StanW View Post
    Just read that you con only downgrade if on os 4.x . Can't do a complete jailbreak with build 4.11.08 - I have been trying to do it with the latest version of redsnow (9.10.b3) - always comes up with no service .

Hope that they're working on it - judging by the amount of whining on the web a lot of ppl are in the same boat .
    The baseband does not matter for the jailbreak. Only for unlocking purposes. But if you are not getting service I think you do need the original sim for the phone. Because there is no way to unlock that Iphone 4 with baseband 4.11.08 and there is no way to downgrade the baseband at this point

Here do this.

Create a Backup in iTunes
    Restore to official 5.0.1 through iTunes
    Download Snowbreeze hxxp://ih8sn0w.com/
    Create a custom 5.0.1 firmware
    Restore with itunes using the custom 5.0.1 ipsw
    It should be jailbroken and untethered
    Restore from the backup you created to get your settings, messages, contacts, pictures back

It does not restore apps and music. Those need to be synced with iTunes first

This annoying guy has a youtube video on how to jailbreak with the latest snowbreeze

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K8hsFDaIiY
    Last edited by saulin; 01-20-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Unfortunately I do not have access to the original sim ..... have read up on the latest announcement regarding Absinthe - that might be the ticket but it looks like greenpoisons site is currently overloaded

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 34x in 24 Posts

HTML Code:
    [url]http://www.jailbreaknation.com/jailbreak-ios-5-5.0-on-iphone-4-ipod-touch-ipad-with-redsn0w[/url]

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Thanks Harry but I'm still up against the 4.11 issue . I guess what I'm after , as saulin correctly pointed out , it to unlock the phone as to use it with a different carrier .

cside Guest

unfortunately no unlock for the 4.11 base band, you can jailbreak it and download a VOIP app and use it with wifi to make calls that way its not a paper weight!

R0ckingSidewayz Guest

Mines already jailbroke.