This post is to help members who are trying to figure out how to replace the bake element in a Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid, Inglis and some kenmore ranges.

For the Kenmore models read the the Who made your kenmore sticky to know if it's a whirlpool built range.

I will try and explain it the best I can. I might make it long but just trying to cover all the bases.

For anyone reading this post.
Read the whole thing before starting anything.
There are a couple of parts that are not needed on all models.. Mainly for taking some screws out. And I don't want you missing something or looking for something that isn't there. Just read and if you don't understand what I mean let me know and I'll try to explain better.

The first thing that should be done..

Unplug the range.

Once the range is pulled out and unplugged.

Look at the back of the right side panel.
There should be 4 or 5 screws holding the panel in place from the back.
Like in this picture.

And then you might have to pull the bottom drawer out and take it out completely.
Once the drawer is out.
Look in where the drawer was on the right toward the front at the bottom.
And there should be a screw somewhere around there to take off that is holding the panel in from the bottom.

Not all models have the bottom screw. But it's better to take the drawer out and look at the bottom all along the right side to see if there is a screw there.

Now this is another part I am unsure about with your model because the breakdown doesn't show any screws on top.
But some models you have to lift the top by taking the two screws off from the front under the top like in the picture below. I would try to move the panel without taking any top screws out just to see if it'll slide ahead.

Once all the screws are off.

You will be ready to take the panel off.

Now sometimes you have to take the oven door off in order to be able to pull the side panel ahead enough to release it.

If you would like to take the door off.
First open the door all the way.
Then look down at the hinges.
There should be a piece that you will be able to pull out to make it pivot.
This piece that I can't think of a name.. Maybe a locking sleeve?
It has to go from up against the range to down as far as it goes. And can only move in one direction.
You will notice when both sides are in place and you try to close the door they will stop the door from closing.. So locking the hinges in place.
Now you will be able to pull up on the door to remove it.
I've taken some pictures for this. Look below.
In the first picture.. I already have it pulled away from the frame a little. I used a flat screwdriver to release it.
In the second picture the "sleeve" is all the way down and can't go any further.

Once the door is off you will have all the room you need.
But if you want to try without removing the door then that is up to you.

Pull the side panel out a bit from the back.
If you are standing beside the stove pull the back part of the panel out just a bit so you are then able to slide it ahead a bit.

You don't have to slide it ahead too much. Just so the slots in the front of the panel come off the pins on the range frame.
It might take a few tries.. But sometimes comes out first try.

Once the panel is out Look at the side of the range and you should see two wires going to the element.
There are two screws holding the element in place.
And one screw on the right holding the plate that hides the element.

They should all be very visible.
Once the screws are off you should be able to pull the plate from the top and make it slide down where it's out of the way because the holes on the plate are slotted all the way to the top.

Once that plate is out of the way.
You are ready to pull the element out. Of course you'll have to unplug it first.

Once it's out look for any obvious breaks in the element or spots that are bulging.
If it looks good you will have to test it or have it tested.
The easiest way to test it is to take a multimeter that has the Continuity reading where it beeps when the contacts are touching.
Putting one pin from the meter on each pin from the element should make the meter beep. Or say that there is continuity.

If you have any questions let me know.
And if any part of this is unclear let me know as well and I'll go over it to make it easier to understand.