Thread: Apple Tv

keegster17 Guest

Default Apple Tv

Just heard about the apple tv with jailbreak, is it worth the investment? Does it use lot of bandwidth on your internet? Seems interesting alternative to satellite, however not sure just found out about and looking for more knowledge. Would you be able to pick up UFC events? maybe someone provide some insight, as well as difficulty level of setting up third party software?

keegster17 Guest

Anyone have feedback?

daryl1964 Guest

atv does like the bandwidth, but has by far the best quality movie streaming via xbmc and icefilms that I have ever seen, ufcs can be viewed the following day, all movies that are on ppv are viewable, there are some great step by step how to videos on utube, start off with seas0npass install via micro usb cord(same as blackberry usb cord)then install nitotv, through nitotv app install xbmc and then get the icefilms repo (free netflix basically) not as great as it was when they were using megaupload but is slowly coming back with rapidshare, check out other repos also ie: canada on demand and cable tv. also get a torrent of atv black which adds an internet browser app. easy to setup since now there is an untethered version.
    Last edited by daryl1964; 02-07-2012 at 06:13 AM.

keegster17 Guest

thanks daryl1964 for the info. when you say it likes the bandwidth can you tell an example of it's usage? I am really concerned about going over and being charged, someon told me it uses less than downloading direct to computer?

daryl1964 Guest

Most streams are 720p ,so I think roughly about 1GB per 2 hour movie.

keegster17 Guest

so the apple TV can use up a lot of bandwidth. I thought this unit may use less because of it's purpose. little concerned now using this because I am using a open wifi at times and I don't want to use up that bandwidth.

adyhooper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keegster17 View Post
    Just heard about the apple tv with jailbreak, is it worth the investment? Does it use lot of bandwidth on your internet? Seems interesting alternative to satellite, however not sure just found out about and looking for more knowledge. Would you be able to pick up UFC events? maybe someone provide some insight, as well as difficulty level of setting up third party software?
    Well Apple TV means awesomeness, it is one of the insanely great product. The cool thing about apple TV is that it have awesome quality of video streaming i had ever seen and the most fabulous thing about it is that it is of 100$.