Thread: need ipod help

the_undertaker Guest

Default need ipod help

I did a factory reset on my ipod and it is showing on the screen usb with a arrow pointing to itunes i hooked it up to the computer and nothing is happening what do i do next any help would be good thanks in advance

brofro80 Guest

Disconnect your ipod from your computer.
    Hold down the power and home button again for 20 seconds, or so.
    Then, a silver apple logo will appear.

I then let go of ONLY the power button (keep the home button pressed) for about 5 seconds.

I then let go of the home button and let my ipod sit. In about 20 seconds, my ipod came back to life.

the_undertaker Guest

tried that still nothing i can turn it off and all but when it comes on still shows the pic of the usb cable pointing at itunes symbol

brofro80 Guest

is it jailbroken? if yes

Plug up your iPod, launch redsn0w, and click "Just Boot" or whatever. Do those steps and it MAY fix it.

If not, you'll have to restore from DFU mode. (hold both buttons for 10 seconds then release the power button but continue holding the home button for 15 more seconds)

Good luck!

jeorgeronn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brofro80 View Post
    Disconnect your ipod from your computer.
    Hold down the power and home button again for 20 seconds, or so.
    Then, a silver apple logo will appear.
    I then let go of ONLY the power button (keep the home button pressed) for about 5 seconds.
    I then let go of the home button and let my ipod sit. In about 20 seconds, my ipod came back to life.
    Thanks for your suggestion. I am grateful to hear from you because whenever even I am hooked up to the computer then It will be also not working in the screen. So, I think If I first disconnect and then wait to keeping the pressing Home butten then It will be working.