Thread: appletv2

daler Guest

Cool appletv2

hi all
    been trying a new way to get tv and movies using apple tv2 jaibroken. forget sats as they don't come anywhere close to the atv2. takes about 3 weeks to figure it out but i now have access to over 200000 movies and 80000 tv shows. as this is streaming tv you will need about 100 gb of bandwidth a month and 5 mb speed. anything that is on the net is at your finger tips. forgot to mention all the international channels

ereddia Guest

You forgot to mention, that it isn't live tv. Sorry my correction, you can get some channels, however they are almost unwatchable. Quality is terrible. Will agree yes you can get any movie or tv show available. However, since Icefilms went down isn't working as great. They claim they have live sporting events. They did at one time, however now since Sportsdevil is almost non existant doesn't work. So if you like Movies, and want to watch tv shows the following day, then yes it is good. Forget hockey, football, soccer, tennis, ufc, golf, basketball, wrestling etc........ Internationals are there, if you look hard enough. I don't know, think I will stick with satellite, and perhaps use the appletv2 as backup. Yes I know what I'm talking about, yes I have jailbroken and programmed a few of my own. Food for thought, satellite is still better.

fairlaidy Guest

I also have atv2 jailbroken as a back up, stb are better still, atv is good for tv show and movies but not for live tv yet.

keegster17 Guest

one thing that turned me off, was the bandwidth that is used. so you go over with your provider you will be paying extra, I didn't want to have to be aware of my usage.

daler Guest

i dont know where you guys live but i have no probs streaming live tv. you must have a good internet conect. my icefilms working fine all working good. do you have auto update on if not you will not get a refresh linkage .new script for live sports coming soon
    Last edited by daler; 02-23-2012 at 03:11 AM.

daler Guest

Default bandwidth

just checked bandwidth used 60gb this month almost all atv 4-5hrs a day

funsatpeep Guest

I like aTV2, and 1channel is much better than icefilms with tons of movies new and old plus every TV series from series 1 and much more ...

rom x Guest

for some strange reason i could not get the pacman bradley fight. how did you guys get it to come up on your atv2?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts

hi all,
    I just bought apple TV2 and I would like to put jailbreak on but I dont know where I can find files and the information how to do it. Does anyone know where and how to show me please? Thank you

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 779x in 342 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaneyPhung View Post
    hi all,
    I just bought apple TV2 and I would like to put jailbreak on but I dont know where I can find files and the information how to do it. Does anyone know where and how to show me please? Thank you
    You tube has a tutorial.lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hanky For This Useful Post: