Thread: DPP or DP pro LNB's

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Default DPP or DP pro LNB's

The DPP LNB’s are also in the “Band Stacking” type catagory, but they use the +14 and +18 volt switching, this is because they use the standard lower band setup of 950 to 1450 MHz for all transponder polarities, and use the higher band at 1950 to 2450 for a second set of satellite transponder polarities.

This is for the “Dual” tuner receivers from Dish; tuner input # 2 uses the low band transponders, while tuner input #1 uses the upper band.

The DPP LNB also has an input for a second DP or DPP single satellite LNB.

Diseqc switch settings are the same as the DP type LNBs', port #1 = 119, port #2 = 110, and with the second LNB input port #3 can be used for a second DPP type LNB.

The band stacked LNB has a higher output frequency then the normal LNB, so it requires a better coax, one with a high end frequency response to 2.5 or 3 GHz.

Some FTA receivers have been reported to be having switching problems with this type of LNB, (DPP) if you are having problems with the satellite your watching missing some transponders, then check to see what type of LNB you have.

The photo below will give you an idea if you have this type of LNB or not.

DPP_LNB.gif

Note the two outputs on the left, these will run most receivers with out the requiermet for an external switch, the third connection to the right is for a second DP LNB input.

Diseqc settings are, port #1 = 119, port #2 = 110, port #3 can be for 129 or any other Dish or BEV satellite, but it has to be a DPP type LNB.
    Last edited by Terryl; 03-22-2012 at 08:38 PM.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Terryl...I have 2 DPP like that ...I would like to connect it to 3 FTA receivers but I'm a little confused ...can you help with somes ideas..sincerely I'll be pleased

Thank you