Thread: Why Are Americans Jobless...

saajid Guest

Default Why Are Americans Jobless...

Why Are Americans Jobless...

John Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN ) for 6 a.m.

While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA ) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN PHILIPPINES ) .
    He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA ), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE ) and tennis shoes (MADE IN
    VIETNAM). After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA ), then he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO ) to see how much he could spend today.

After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN ) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA ), he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY ) filled it with GAS (from Saudi Arabia ) and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his computer (MADE IN MALAYSIA ), John decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL ) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE ) and turned on his TV (MADE IN KOREA ), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in AMERICA .

AND NOW HE'S HOPING HE CAN GET HELP FROM HIS PRESIDENT (MADE IN KENYA )

Why Are Americans Jobless ? ?

da'man Guest

Ain't that the damn truth. It gets harder and harder to find anything made in the USA.

steveOtoo Guest

While watching TV on an FTA box manufactured in Korea................

Blaster Guest

Very true and sad "joke". The downside of an open market is neverendless supply of cheap labor. And thats what brings down the lifestyle for the majority of those who have been privileged to be born in the the "first world country", while the 0.00001% of the population keep getting richer and richer by the second. Unfortunately...lol...or maybe very fortunately for all of us this trend of equality will eventually make us more humane. That is if we don't nuke each over first..

Pardon the rant

saajid Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Very true and sad "joke". The downside of an open market is neverendless supply of cheap labor. And thats what brings down the lifestyle for the majority of those who have been privileged to be born in the the "first world country", while the 0.00001% of the population keep getting richer and richer by the second. Unfortunately...lol...or maybe very fortunately for all of us this trend of equality will eventually make us more humane. That is if we don't nuke each over first..

Pardon the rant
    Sadly but TRUE.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,196x in 2,659 Posts
    Items Whiskey
Gift received at 12-12-2013, 01:32 AM from swanner
Cheers Mate...
swannerCrown Royal
Gift received at 06-27-2013, 10:55 PM from Anubis
Message: If you're having some ryes I figure I'd contribute.Trophy 3
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 12:02 PM from ICEMAN

what is sad about it is we did it to ourselves. Use to be get your grade 12 and get a good job. Then it was get a college education. Now you need a damn doctorate and at least $80K in the hole in hopes of even having a good paying job. The the whole thing is ass backwards anyway. Who deserves to be paid more? a janitor at GM or a kid fresh out of high school dodging bullets in some 3rd world hell hole? Basically N America in its sheer greed has priced itself right out of the market place and the only ones here who have it made now are the homeless. They have nothing left to lose

Spoon Feeders FEED Bottom Feeders

Green Thumb Guest

Do not forget the cost of doing business in N.A., Unions, Insurance not to mention Environmental regulations. How can we compete with slave labor when we are forced to comply with all of the rules and regulations of a litigious society. Until we solve human rights issues around the globe and every country cares about the environment look for a job in recycling or environmental care. We are a great country and the worlds population is either going to be middle class or peasants and the rich people that run this world will not make any money off of peasants.

There is still hope if we can get rid of GREED!!!

juka Guest

Cheer up guys, I read this section for the lighter side of life.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,000x in 1,596 Posts
    Items Some beer
Gift received at 07-14-2013, 03:14 AM from nobody

Have one on me ........A Beer
Gift received at 03-27-2013, 03:21 PM from thebeav
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 10:25 AM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 09-29-2012, 11:31 PM from clarkBENTDevil

That is all caused by the theory created by big business.. We become a service oriented economy and export our manufacturing and expertise overseas.. That is the price to pay for free trade, subsidies to corporations to close NA operations and open up in China, and our hunger to buy cheap even if it kills our own economy..
    The truth is that todays manufacturing is mostly automated and is not labour intensive, add to that the shipping costs and we could manufacture in NA at pretty competitive rates.. Issues are more on environmental impacts and short term profits for large corporations.. They also create demand for their products in developing countries because they now have jobs and those employes start purchasing product..

Green Thumb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JCO View Post
    That is all caused by the theory created by big business.. We become a service oriented economy and export our manufacturing and expertise overseas.. That is the price to pay for free trade, subsidies to corporations to close NA operations and open up in China, and our hunger to buy cheap even if it kills our own economy..
    The truth is that todays manufacturing is mostly automated and is not labour intensive, add to that the shipping costs and we could manufacture in NA at pretty competitive rates.. Issues are more on environmental impacts and short term profits for large corporations.. They also create demand for their products in developing countries because they now have jobs and those employes start purchasing product..
    Yep! And maybe that country since people can afford to buy product will become middle class if the ruler there will not stay greedy and let it happen.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

Always has to be the fault of the present. God forbid if it was accually the fault of the past.
    Last edited by abouttosnap; 06-02-2011 at 08:25 AM. Reason: truth

hondoharry Guest

Yes, the past is very relevant. These factors have a vast influence on the supply and demand for labor since WWII:

Increased Supply:
    Women in the workplace
    Immigration

Decreased Demand:
    Computers/Technology
    Outsourcing

Very little politicians can do about these trends so stop blaming them and get ready yourself. We are in the latter part of the rise and fall of the American Empire so start saving.

saajid Guest

Sorry guys, I would really appreaciate if a MOD could close this thread, as it is going towards politics, and I hate politics since my childhood. My Dad was a politician and I did not like it at all.

All I wanted is to get peeps to have some fun. If I knew that this Post would get people into discussing Politics, I would never have posted this Thread. I am really sorry and apologize if things went outta way.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

No problem. I should have left it alone myself. I knew better.