Thread: Red and blue light only

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 17x in 12 Posts

Default Red and blue light only

Well the other day the damn wife wiggled a bunch of cords. Jynx froze. I shut off now i only got red and blue light. Normal loader dont work. I got the other loader too. Tried to jump the 2 pins. Dint work. I think i need a smaller wire. Seen many post on this. Can any one help me if they know of the proper way of doing this. Thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 17x in 12 Posts

When i do this i am getting done initiate stb sdram is failed. What does this mean? Thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5x in 3 Posts

I got the same problem, and I saw that someone on ebay sell the U7 IC, I ordered one that the guy says "will fix it" and it didn't so now he says if I send my unit he'll repair it.......NOPE ain't doin it, when you or anyone find a fix please let me know. obviously the unit is bottom feeder

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5x in 3 Posts

I'm still looking to bring this baby back to life
    is there anyone out there that can provide info to bring this piece of garbage back to life.....I'd still like to play with it

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 243x in 142 Posts
    Items DishWhiskeyA BeerPresentpoisonTreasureCashRibbon 3

I had one do it and ordered the chip from ebay, soldered it on and I was back in action.

Last I checked they chip was not on ebay but it worth a search.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 53x in 36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joanz View Post
    I'm still looking to bring this baby back to life
    is there anyone out there that can provide info to bring this piece of garbage back to life.....I'd still like to play with it
    I saw one with the red and blue lights years ago, and have been trying to remember since I read this yesterday but it was a long time ago...
    just like Dave, the guy blamed his wife for causing it by moving the tv cabinet. I went over there and took the jb200 out and put it back in and it booted up normally but there was no signal on 119. I swapped out the jb200 with a new one and still didn't have a signal for 119. I tried a factory reset but was never able to correct that problem. He had a 2nd receiver in his bedroom so he switched them out and got thru life with no 119 in his room.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 47x in 23 Posts

hello all
    I have a jyazbox v16,(same as jynx but cheaper). When my jyaz died with just a red light showing,I found that on the power board the
    EC3 capapciitor was a little puffy and had blown out the bottom. 4 screws and ribbon cable off the main, power plug off, flip board get 1000umf 24v cap $1.50 from tv repair shop, replace your self easily for free or give to shop. back to normal. Check other caps while in there for bulged tops. The EC3 is printed on the board next to the tall cap.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

If you have an eeprom programmer, i can provide you with a valid U7 eeprom file
    Str3atWarrior

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,148x in 5,731 Posts
    Items helicopter
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassJeep
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from Bluegrasstreasure chest
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from Bluegrass

Quote Originally Posted by str3atwarrior View Post
    If you have an eeprom programmer, i can provide you with a valid U7 eeprom file
    Curious what software you use?Ponyprogram???I still have my epp/atmel programmers.Pretty dusty though.lol